Here is your guide to the top 5 new cars to watch for in 2019!
It's about that time, new cars are about to be hitting the market and you want to know what's next, right? Right. Here's our list of 5 vehicles to watch out for, in no particular order:
Hyundai has been making a rise through the ranks over the last decade. The Korean manufacturer has been making advances in safety and performance all the while growing in popularity in the US. They went on the attack with some of their marketing ploys, sponsoring the 2018 World Cup and owning the 'Goal of the Tournament' Highlight page on FIFA's website. Enough about what they've been doing, let's talk about the Crossover.
Let's start with some of the new features.
- Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist with Pedestrian Detection: Helps to prevent potential collisions with slow moving pedestrian or vehicle traffic, even braking if necessary to ensure safety!
- Safe Exit Assist: This feature warns you of oncoming traffic from the rear, so if you forget to engage child locks, this feature will keep your child from exiting the vehicle at a potentially dangerous moment!
- Rear Occupant Alert: Similar to the Safe Exit Assist feature, this feature will warn you if there are still passengers in the back seat, whether that be your furry friend, or a child in hiding, you won't be leaving anyone behind.
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist: Gives you audible and visual alerts if someone is in your blind spot to help you from changing lanes and colliding.
- Lane Keeping Assist: If you drift outside your lane without signaling, it'll help you stay in your lane!
- High Beam Assist: This feature will help you be considerate of other drivers on the road and detect if someone is in your direct path so your lights can dim and ensure you aren't blinding them!
- Driver Attention Warning: While monitoring your driving patterns throughout use, the vehicle will learn your driving habits and warn you if it detects driver fatigue and help to keep you attentive while on the road.
- Smart Cruise Control: Smart Cruise will help you keep your distance from vehicles in your direct path and maintain a safe distance while you are cruising.
This thing is seriously loaded. It has All-Wheel Drive, a HUD(Heads Up Display) that shows up in your windshield, and wireless device charging. Honestly the Santa Fe is Jetson's status. 2019 is looking up with some of these amazing features, not to mention the aesthetics and look. Check this out:
The BlueLink Smart app actually allows you to Lock/Unlock your car direct from the app. It has SVR(Stolen Vehicle Recovery) and Destination Search.
You can expect the standards as well, like Apple CarPlay along with Android Auto. With Audio by Infinity, you can expect the system to bump.
Take a look at this HUD. I can't believe how far these have come along in the last few years.
Four cameras?! That's right. Four cameras shape the visual you see below to help you with parking and overall awareness.
Toyota, one of the most reliable names in the car industry over the last thirty or so years. I still see 1990 Corolla's on the road, not to mention Prius' everywhere! The Prius was actually rated most reliable by Digital Trends. You can read more about the most reliable vehicles on the market here. The Rav4 is nothing short of fantastic and definitely has the look and stats to back that up. Expected to hit dealers in Winter of 2018, here are some features to hype that launch:
- All-New Robust Design and Unparalleled Driving Experience
- 2.5L Inline-4 and Toyota Hybrid System Powertrains Offering More Power and greater MPG
- TNGA K Platform with Multi-Link Rear Suspension
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 (TSS 2.0)
- Debut of All-New Sporty Hybrid Grade, XSE Hybrid
- Standard Entune 3.0 with Wi-Fi Connect powered by Verizon, Amazon Alexa, and Apple CarPlay Compatibility
- True Off-Road Capabilities with Available Multi-Terrain Select and an Available Toyota-First, Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive with Rear Driveline Disconnect
This is the Number One selling vehicle in the Toyota line-up so you can anticipate this small SUV going quick once it's on the lots.
It looks damned good, too. Check it out.
VolksWagen - 2019 Jetta
We all know about the hiccups with VW a few years back, cheating emissions and the like, but they are making strides to get back to the top of the game and here they are with a brand new car for us to feast our eyes on. I mean, damn, this car looks GOOD.
With a 6 year /72,000 mile warranty, you can anticipate seeing these on the road for the next few years to come! Let's take a look at some of the new Features Volkswagen has put into this baby!
- Volkswagen Digital Cockpit - Measuring more than 10", this available screen displays your information digitally in high resolution. You can customize what’s displayed, from speed, estimated fuel economy, and travel time to route guidance, assistance systems, and elevation.
8" touchscreen navigation - Besides looking great, the available sleek glass display helps make the map more prominent, while dynamic route guidance assists you with turn-by-turn information.
BeatsAudio™ - The all-new Jetta is the first Volkswagen in the U.S. ever to offer BeatsAudioTM. So prepare your playlist for sound you can feel.
VW Car-Net® Security & Service - Where did I last park? Did I lock the door? The available VW Car-Net Security & Service can tell you, and even call for help if needed.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) - Available Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) helps the vehicle maintain a preset speed and distance from the car in front of you. When activated, if the car in front of you speeds up or slows down, the sensors can detect the change and your car follows suit.
- Turbo Charged
The safety features are something to look out for! It has a safety cage built in, making this one reliable vehicle to get into an accident with (which we hope never happens).
Now for one of my favorites:
Tesla - 2019 Model 3
This is my dream car at the moment. 310 miles without a charge, that's La to SD and back no problem. No gas involved, and charging stations galore. This is the future we should try to emulate. The charge is around 50 minutes, which is pretty amazing if you think about it. Charge it up over night and get on the road in the AM. You won't be stopping at any gas stations with the Tesla. Take a look at some of the specs, pulled directly from their site!
- Built for Safety - Safety is the most important part of the overall Model 3 design. The metal structure is a combination of aluminum and steel, for maximum strength in every area. In a roof-crush test, Model 3 resisted four times its own mass, even with an all-glass roof: that's the same weight as two full-grown African elephants.
- Quickest Acceleration - Model 3 comes with the option of dual motor all-wheel drive, 20” Performance Wheels and Brakes and lowered suspension for total control, in all weather conditions. And a carbon fiber spoiler improves stability at high speeds, all allowing Model 3 to accelerate from 0-60 mph in as little as 3.5 seconds.
- Dual Motor - Tesla All-Wheel Drive has two independent motors. Unlike traditional all-wheel drive systems, these two motors digitally control torque to the front and rear wheels—for far better handling and traction control. Your car can drive on either motor, so you never need to worry about getting stuck on the road. If one motor stops working, you can safely continue to your destination with the second.
- Go Anywhere - Model 3 is fully electric, so you never need to visit a gas station again. If you charge overnight at home, you can wake up to a full battery every morning. And when you’re on the road, it’s easy to plug in along the way—at any public station or with the Tesla charging network. We currently have over 10,000 Superchargers worldwide, with six new locations opening every week.
- Future of Driving - Autopilot advanced safety and convenience features are designed to assist you with the most burdensome parts of driving. Model 3 comes standard with advanced hardware capable of providing Enhanced Autopilot features today, and full self-driving capabilities in the future.
- Built Around the Driver - The inside of the Model 3 is unlike any other car. You can use your smartphone as a key, and access all driver controls in the central 15-inch touchscreen. The all-glass roof extends from front to back, creating a sense of openness from every seat.
The final car to make our list is:
Honda - 2019 Accord
Always one of the most reliable cars i've ever seen. My mom used to have one of these when I was a baby, it had 330,000 miles on it and ran like a champ.
I can only imagine what this car is going to be able to withstand!
Although it hasn't had much of a bump as far as new features, the interior did get a new look and the cabin has that sleek look you can expect from Honda over the last few years.
For further details on pricing and standard car features visit this site.
Thanks for reading!
Happy car hunting!